Tyson Fury denies doping allegation

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has denied an allegation of doping after a British Sunday newspaper said he was under investigation.

And the paper added that the boxer could lose his world title belts and face a lengthy ban if found guilty.

A UK Anti-Doping spokesperson said the agency did not discuss or disclose details of any cases until legal processes had been completed, but Fury’s promoter Hennessy Sports issued a strongly-worded denial of the allegations.

“Tyson Fury absolutely denies any allegation of doping. He looks forward to recovering from his injury and defending his titles against Klitschko in October.”

Fury had been due to defend his WBA and WBO heavyweight titles against Klitschko in Manchester on July 9 but announced a postponement on Friday after saying he had suffered an ankle sprain while training.

The 27-year-old caused a huge upset by beating Klitschko on a unanimous decision in November, inflicting the 40-year-old Ukrainian’s first loss in 11 years.

Credit: Eurosport

Download our mobile app today.

Android – Google Play Store