Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari has shown deep remorse for his actions at the World Cup and will send a letter of apology in the coming days, a family source has exclusively told GHANAsoccernet.com.
The AC Milan midfielder, according to the source, will send the letter of apology in time for the naming of the squad for the Africa Cup of Nations which will give Avram Grant the chance to call him up.
Muntari had been preparing his apology which will be directed at Moses Armah, the man he attacked at the World Cup, the Ghana FA, and Ghanaians for his actions that led to sacking from the Black Stars in Brazil.
The AC Milan star met coach Avram Grant on Monday and has already expressed his willingness to return and even told the coach his apology letter is ready to be sent to the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
The 28-year-old is currently serving an indefinite suspension from the Black Stars after his disruptive behavior at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Muntari physically attacked Black Stars management committee member Armah during a meeting between the management team and the playing body at the team’s camp in Brazil.
The AC Milan star has a;ready bought the computer and mobile phones he destroyed during his confrontation with Armah.