Premier League Board Secretary, Emmanuel Dasobere has rubbished claims that the three week break of the First Capital Plus Bank Premier League was to favour certain clubs.
After match day 28 last Sunday, the premier league will resume in three weeks’ time [6th September, 2015] in order to make way for the Elite cup games and the finals of the MTN FA Cup between Medeama and Asante Kotoko.
But the Secretary of the Premier League Board [PLB], Emmanuel Dasobere has rubbished claims indicating that the domestic league break was to favour someclubs.
“We have not altered any fixture just like we were doing last year and that was why if you would recall in the first round when Hearts of Oak was in the Confederations Cup, people were calling that we should change the fixture date and we said no,” he told Joy FM.
“What I want to tell the general public is that there is no change because we want to give an advantage to any club. No club is being disadvantaged or advantaged. To ensure a level playing field, we are following the calendar of the Association.”