The Blues boss insists there have been no bids for the Czech Republic international and says he has faith in Loic Remy and Didier Droba in the absence of Diego Costa
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho insists the Blues have received no offers for goalkeeper Petr Cech, despite speculation he may leave the club.
The 32-year-old has lost his place in the first-team to Thibaut Courtois and has previously hinted he could leave Stamford Bridge in search of regular playing time.
Mourinho has insisted Cech has not asked to leave while Arsene Wenger claimed Arsenal are not interested in signing the goalkeeper.
And the Chelsea boss, speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Chelsea’s match with Tottenham, insists the Blues have not received any offers for Cech.
Mourinho also said he felt his team would not be affected by the absence of top scorer Diego Costa for Wednesday’s Premier League clash with their London rivals.
“It doesn’t affect us,” he told reporters. “We trust Loic Remy and Didier Drogba the same way we trust Diego Costa.
“We’re top of the Premier League, top of the group in the Champions League and in the quarter-finals of the Capital One Cup. We’ve not lost a match for four months. The team has to feel very, very good.
Spurs have failed to win at Chelsea for over 20 years but Mourinho remains wary of Mauricio Pochettino’s men, who beat Everton 2-1 on Sunday.
“I don’t know the record, I don’t think it’s important and I don’t speak to the players about it because it’s not important,” he added.
“It’s a big game, a London derby, against one of the top teams in the league – we like it. That’s what we have to think about.
“They’re a difficult team that we have to play against. We have to think it’s a difficult match and we have to be ready for it.”