Melo: Inter move is a dream come true

Felipe Melo says his belated arrival at Inter is the realisation of a dream.

The former Galatasaray midfielder has long been linked with the Nerazzurri but he looked set to remain in Istanbul after penning a new four-year contract with the Turkish champions on August 13.

However, Inter finally agreed a €3.7 million deal with the Super Lig side on Monday and Melo is delighted at having been reunited with Roberto Mancini, whom he worked under during the head coach’s own spell with Gala..

“I thank God for this possibility,” the 32-year-old told his new club’s in-house TV channel.

“They have been speaking of me and Inter not for months, but years. So, coming here is a dream that has been realised.

“Roberto and I won together at Galatasaray. He’s a winner and working for a man of his experience is wonderful. I’m nobody’s favourite, though. I want to win and I want to do so at a historic club like Inter.

“The only thing I can guarantee is that I will give 100 per cent in every game, even when I’m not fully fit. I’m sure that the fans will get behind me. I fight on the field because that’s my strength.”

Inter will be Melo’s third Italian club, with the Brazilian having previously enjoyed a successful season at Fiorentina before joining Juventus in 2009.

He failed dismally to justify his €25 million transfer fee in Turin, though, and ended up joining Gala in 2013 after two years on loan in Istanbul.