Ghana FA has dismissed a report that an appeal over a ban on their Under-17 team for age-cheating has rejected by CAF insisting the report is scheduled to be released by CAF on 26 November.
But the GFA says it is prepared for the worst outcome of the appeals committee of Africa’s football governing body following the protest by Cameroon last month.
A website reported on Friday that Ghana’s appeal has been thrown out by CAF however the GFA insists it has not received a report from CAF on the matter.
“We have not received a report from CAF on the appeal we sent over the Black Starlets ban. CAF told us they will meet on the 26 November to consider our appeal so this news report looks a little early,” Ghana FA’s Director of Communications Ibrahim Sannie Daara told a local radio station.
“We are preparing ourselves for the best outcome and that is to figure out how to prepare the team well for the tournament in Niger.
“We are also thinking about worst and that is to get reliable radiologists so advice us since we do not have radiologists and can only rely on services from third parties.”
Caf handed Ghana a ban after Cameroon filed a protest against seven players of the team on September 13th, 2014 after the 1st leg match of the 3rd round of the Niger 2015 U-17 Championship qualifiers which Ghana won 2-1.
Out of the seven players, the Caf Medical Committee made adverse findings against one player and subsequently handed Ghana the ban.