Displeased Manhyia leaves Kuffour appointment hanging?

Manhyia Palace is not pleased with Samuel Osei Kuffour over his interview on Metro T.V concerning his forthcoming appointment as the leader of the Porcupine warriors.

The decision of Manhyia Palace to name Samuel Osei Kuffour as the President of Asante Kotoko could take a new twist due to an interview granted by the former Bayern Munich defender on T.V before the official announcement of his appointment by Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.

Osei Kuffour was invited to the Manhyia Palace last week Saturday and told by Otumfuo Osei II, the Asantehene to form his own team to run Kotoko, following a disappointing season for the Porcupine Warriors .

The ex-Black Stars defender confirmed  through the interview his imminent appointment, an action considered disrespectful to the authority of the Asantehene.

Sources have told Allsports.com.gh that most of the chiefs at the Manhyia palace are unhappy with Osei Kuffour’s decision to grant the interview .

The official announcement of Kuffour as the president of Kotoko, which was scheduled for  Friday at a durbar at the Manhyia Palace has been put on hold due to the situation.