Arda Turan denies signing for Barcelona

Atletico Madrid winger Arda Turan has moved to deny reports he has already agreed to join Barcelona.

The 28-year-old’s agent has already confirmed the player will leave the Vicente Calderon this summer and the Turkey interntional himself has posted a farewell message to Atleti supporters.

Reports in Spain late on Wednesday suggested Arda had already agreed a deal to join Barcelona for €35 million but the versatile attacker insists the claims are false.

“Some reports that have appeared in the press are incorrect. I’m just on holiday and resting,” he posted on his official Twitter account.

Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal, who could become the club’s new sporting director should Joan Laporta win the presidential elections, said earlier this week that Arda could struggle to adapt with the European champions.

“Arda is a good player, important for his team, but I don’t know if he would adapt,” he said.